For splicing applications requiring quick stick and an aggressive, permanent hold, use 3M™ Polyester Tape 850. Used in a variety of applications, including web processing, label protection, and marking. This tape is available in various colors, as well as a transparent.
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding in splicing applications
- Thin, high strength polyester film meets low caliper requirements which won't interfere with most machinery processes
- Polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion and rough handling
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Transparent and silver versions meet a variety of aerospace specifications
- Colored versions are highly visible for applications where marking or identification is required
- Transparent version is chemical and solvent resistant
- Low modulus, low Shore A Hardness
|Width||24 in||609.6 mm|
|Length||72 yd||66 m|
What is the maximum temperature this tape can withstand?
The 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 can resist temperatures up to 300°F for short periods and up to 200°F for an extended period.
Is this tape good for packaging electronics?
Yes, the transparent construction of this tape allows for visibility through tape layers which makes it ideal for sealing electronic packages where critical examination is required.
Can I use this product on metal surfaces or will it rust?
. This film tape has excellent chemical resistance and works well in a variety of applications such as aerospace paint masking, splicing media tapes and other jobs that require high adhesion strength without ghosting. You may use it with metal surfaces without worrying about rusting.
How much comes in each case of the 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 roll?
Each case contains one roll of Transparent, 24 in x 72 yd, and1.9 mil thick polyester film tape - perfect size depending on your needs!
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 is generally used for splicing and web applications. The backing is a thin, high-strength polyester which is abrasion resistant to help reduce splice failures while resisting breakdowns during rough handling and web processing. Coated with an aggressive pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, this tape grabs on contact and holds securely. It meets low-caliper requirements to ensure it won't interfere with most machinery. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C.
Recommended Applications (Red, Black and White)
Splicing and web defect marking
Sealing, labeling and protecting
Recommended Applications (Transparent)
Sealing and protecting against chemical intrusion
Label protection where readability is a concern
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry
Core starting and splicing
Recommended Applications (Silver)
Defect flagging where reflective sensing is required/li>
Decorative striping and edging/li>
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry/li>
Splicing of film, including movie film
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Product Selection Guides_3m po
- Data Sheet