For splicing applications requiring quick stick and an aggressive, permanent hold, use 3M™ Polyester Tape 850. Used in a variety of applications, including web processing, label protection, and marking. This tape is available in various colors, as well as a transparent.
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding in splicing applications
- Thin, high strength polyester film meets low caliper requirements which won't interfere with most machinery processes
- Polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion and rough handling
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Transparent and silver versions meet a variety of aerospace specifications
- Colored versions are highly visible for applications where marking or identification is required
- Transparent version is chemical and solvent resistant
- Low modulus, low Shore A Hardness
|Width||1/2 in||12.7 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is the 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 used for?
The 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850, White, is a general-purpose tape typically used for splicing and holding applications. It works well in environments with high humidity and exposure to sunlight.
How wide is the tape?
The width of this particular roll of tape is half an inch or approximately 1.27 cm.
What's the length of one roll?
Each roll contains 72 yards or about 65 meters of tape.
Is this product recyclable?
Yes! This film tape has been designed with PET film backing, which holds up better than traditional paper tapes when exposed to elements such as weather and UV radiation. In turn, this helps prolonging lifespan and makes it more environmentally friendly as it can be recycled after use.
Can I purchase smaller quantities?
Yes! This specific packaging offers seventy-two rolls per case, but we do provide other variations according to your requirements and size preferences; feel free to let us know how many you need so that we may help you get started on finding what suits your needs best.
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 is generally used for splicing and web applications. The backing is a thin, high-strength polyester which is abrasion resistant to help reduce splice failures while resisting breakdowns during rough handling and web processing. Coated with an aggressive pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, this tape grabs on contact and holds securely. It meets low-caliper requirements to ensure it won't interfere with most machinery. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C.
Recommended Applications (Red, Black and White)
Splicing and web defect marking
Sealing, labeling and protecting
Recommended Applications (Transparent)
Sealing and protecting against chemical intrusion
Label protection where readability is a concern
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry
Core starting and splicing
Recommended Applications (Silver)
Defect flagging where reflective sensing is required/li>
Decorative striping and edging/li>
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry/li>
Splicing of film, including movie film
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Application Guides_web splicin
- Data Sheet