3M™ Cubitron™ II Stikit™ Film Disc 775L features 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain, a revolutionary advancement in abrasive technology. The triangular shaped ceramic mineral is designed to slice through the substrate, rather than gouging or “plowing” like conventional abrasives, resulting in a disc that cuts up to 2x as fast and lasts up to 6x as long as conventional abrasives.
- Revolutionary 3M Precision Shaped Grain technology provides fast cut and long life
- Cuts up to 2x as fast as conventional abrasives
- Film backing for greater tear resistance and edge retention
- Ideal for a wide variety of substrates and applications focused primarily on stock removal
- Stikit™ attachment makes changing discs fast and easy
|Diameter||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Maximum Speed||12,000 rpm|
What is the 3M Cubitron II Stikit Film Disc 775L?
The 3M Cubitron II Stikit Film Disc 775L is an abrasive disc with precision-shaped grains that are electrostatically oriented to form sharp peaks, which maximize cutting potential. This product allows for faster cutting and longer disc life compared to conventional abrasives.
What grit level does the 3M Cubitron II Stikit Film Disc 775L have?
This particular product has a grit level of 220+.
How many discs come in each case of the 3M Cubitron II Stikit Film Discs?
Each case of these discs comes with a total of 250 pieces- they are packaged in inner cases containing fifty pieces each.
3M™ Stikit™ Discs are versatile and effective abrasive products that are suitable for a wide range of applications. These discs are designed for stock removal and can be used on various substrates, including metals, composites, gelcoat, and whitewood. The film backing of the discs offers greater tear resistance than paper discs, providing additional durability and edge retention. For optimal results, it is recommended to use 3M™ Elite Random Orbital Sanders in conjunction with these discs.
The 3M™ Stikit™ system eliminates the need for applying adhesive to the disc backing, saving time and effort. These high-quality, coated abrasive products come with a pressure-sensitive adhesive coating on the backside, making it easy to attach them to a disc pad. The adhesive is pressure-sensitive, allowing the disc to be peeled off the disc pad effortlessly, leaving a clean surface for the next disc. To use a Stikit™ disc, it must be pressed onto a Stikit™ backup pad (also known as a disc pad and sold separately) that is attached to a disc sander, random orbital sander, or stationary disc sander.Key Features:
- Effective on a wide variety of substrates
- Film backing offers greater tear resistance than paper discs
- 3M™ Stikit™ system eliminates the need for applying adhesive to the disc backing
- Pressure-sensitive adhesive coating on the backside of the disc
- Easy to attach and remove from the disc pad