3M™ Cubitron™ II Stikit™ Film Disc 775L features 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain, a revolutionary advancement in abrasive technology. The triangular shaped ceramic mineral is designed to slice through the substrate, rather than gouging or “plowing” like conventional abrasives, resulting in a disc that cuts up to 2x as fast and lasts up to 6x as long as conventional abrasives.
- Revolutionary 3M Precision Shaped Grain technology provides fast cut and long life
- Cuts up to 2x as fast as conventional abrasives
- Film backing for greater tear resistance and edge retention
- Ideal for a wide variety of substrates and applications focused primarily on stock removal
- Stikit™ attachment makes changing discs fast and easy
|Diameter||5 in||127 mm|
What size is the 3M Cubitron II Stikit Film Disc?
The disc size is 5 inches in diameter and has no holes.
How many discs are included per case of the product?
Each case contains 250 discs packaged as 5 rolls of inner packaging, each roll holding a convenient quantity of 50 discs.
Is this product suitable for use on all types of materials?
. Yes, our Cubitron II Stikit Film Disc works smoothly on many surfaces such as aluminum, stainless steel, mild steel and plastics.
3M™ Stikit™ Discs are versatile and effective abrasive products that are suitable for a wide range of applications. These discs are designed for stock removal and can be used on various substrates, including metals, composites, gelcoat, and whitewood. The film backing of the discs offers greater tear resistance than paper discs, providing additional durability and edge retention. For optimal results, it is recommended to use 3M™ Elite Random Orbital Sanders in conjunction with these discs.
The 3M™ Stikit™ system eliminates the need for applying adhesive to the disc backing, saving time and effort. These high-quality, coated abrasive products come with a pressure-sensitive adhesive coating on the backside, making it easy to attach them to a disc pad. The adhesive is pressure-sensitive, allowing the disc to be peeled off the disc pad effortlessly, leaving a clean surface for the next disc. To use a Stikit™ disc, it must be pressed onto a Stikit™ backup pad (also known as a disc pad and sold separately) that is attached to a disc sander, random orbital sander, or stationary disc sander.Key Features:
- Effective on a wide variety of substrates
- Film backing offers greater tear resistance than paper discs
- 3M™ Stikit™ system eliminates the need for applying adhesive to the disc backing
- Pressure-sensitive adhesive coating on the backside of the disc
- Easy to attach and remove from the disc pad