Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel is a convolute-constructed, hard, durable deburring wheel suited for applications where edge retention is a must. The wheel performs best when consistently presented with a sharp edge or metal burrs. A unique resin system resists smearing and heat buildup.
- Highest edge retention and durability in the Scotch-Brite™ Deburring Wheel line provides aggressive edge deburring
- Specially engineered to condition sharp edges and metal burrs
- Convolute construction provides a balanced, smooth running wheel throughout product life
- Non-woven web runs cool and lessens impact on heat-sensitive materials
- Unique resin system produces less smearing, reducing clean and prep time
|Diameter||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Maximum Speed||6,000 rpm|
What is the Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel used for?
The Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel is used to remove burrs, sharp edges, and other unwanted materials from metal surfaces.
How many wheels come in a case of 8A Medium, 6 in x 1/2 in x 1
A case of this product comes with four (4) deburring wheels.
Is the Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel durable enough to last for multiple uses?
Yes! It offers long service life due to its proprietary design and construction that resists loading and wear.
Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel is an effective tool for deburring, blending, finishing, and polishing edges on various materials such as glass, hard and soft composites, and metals including builder's hardware, medical instruments, metal fabrication, metal implants, plumbing fixtures, and turbine engines. However, it is not recommended for applications where conformability and finishing of flat surfaces are required due to its hard density.
The EX3 Deburring Wheel is available with either silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasive mineral. Silicon carbide is a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and finishing. On the other hand, aluminum oxide is a hard, blocky mineral that provides high cut-rate and long life. While silicon carbide breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a finer finish.
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique surface conditioning products that incorporate abrasives into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. This combination creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
- Effective for deburring, blending, finishing, and polishing edges on various materials
- Available with silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasive mineral
- Silicon carbide produces a finer finish while aluminum oxide provides high cut-rate and long life
- Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives incorporate abrasives into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers for consistent results
- The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers