Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel is a convolute-constructed, hard, durable deburring wheel suited for applications where edge retention is a must. The wheel performs best when consistently presented with a sharp edge or metal burrs. A unique resin system resists smearing and heat buildup.
- Highest edge retention and durability in the Scotch-Brite™ Deburring Wheel line provides aggressive edge deburring
- Specially engineered to condition sharp edges and metal burrs
- Convolute construction provides a balanced, smooth running wheel throughout product life
- Non-woven web runs cool and lessens impact on heat-sensitive materials
- Unique resin system produces less smearing, reducing clean and prep time
|Diameter||8 in||203.2 mm|
|Maximum Speed||4,500 rpm|
What is the purpose of the Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel?
The purpose of the Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel is to quickly and effectively remove burrs, sharp edges, and light weld spatter from metal surfaces.
What makes this deburring wheel different than others on the market?
The unique 3M technology used in our Scotch-Brite EX3 deburring wheel allows for a faster cut rate with less pressure required and reduced operator fatigue. It also lasts longer than traditional abrasive wheels.
Can this deburring wheel be used on all metals?
Yes! This versatile deburring wheel can be used on all metals (including stainless steel), without damaging or altering surface integrity or quality.
How many come in each pack when I order the 8A medium, 8in x 1/2in x 3in size?
When you order the Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel X3-WL, 8-A Medium, sized at 8 inches by half inch by three inches - note that four wheels will come per case, giving you ample supply for your needs!
Scotch-Brite™ EX3 Deburring Wheel is an effective tool for deburring, blending, finishing, and polishing edges on various materials such as glass, hard and soft composites, and metals including builder's hardware, medical instruments, metal fabrication, metal implants, plumbing fixtures, and turbine engines. However, it is not recommended for applications where conformability and finishing of flat surfaces are required due to its hard density.
The EX3 Deburring Wheel is available with either silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasive mineral. Silicon carbide is a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and finishing. On the other hand, aluminum oxide is a hard, blocky mineral that provides high cut-rate and long life. Although silicon carbide breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a finer finish.
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique surface conditioning products that incorporate abrasives into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. This combination creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
- Effective for deburring, blending, finishing, and polishing edges on various materials
- Available with silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasive mineral
- Silicon carbide produces a finer finish while aluminum oxide provides high cut-rate and long life
- Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives incorporate abrasives into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers for consistent results
- The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers